Monday, April 19, 2010

Google Universe

I used the Google books product. I have used this in the past to find titles for research for customers and in my genealogical research. I really like this application. Google books includes full text of some titles but it also includes citations for items that are not full text. It also has a link to find the title in a library and includes reviews, when they can be found.

Google books is very useful for finding references to obscure and unindexed information in books. Given that we answer some fairly obscure questions at the reference desk, I would most definitely recommend this to my colleagues.

The discovery of the Google books app has led some of our more intrepid customers to request titles not available in full-text through our interlibrary loan service.

The only thing I wish was different about Google books was that more of the titles were full text, but that opens up a whole new can of worms, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment