Monday, April 12, 2010

CPL 2.0 Wikis

The "corrections" I added were citations to two facts in the article about the Calgary Public Library. It was relatively easy to do but I didn't want to monkey too much with the page so the facts I cited are still showing [citation needed]. I understand from reading the editing help that these things are checked and we shouldn't worry too much about formatting. Most of the errors I found (and I didn't find many) were the same, lack of citations and some grammar/spelling changes. There weren't a lot of those though.

I didn't find too much stuff that needed edits but I certainly have found some very erroneous information in the past. Because I am a researcher, I know that an uncited fact is not a fact at all. What I do like to use Wikipedia for is for the citations. If an article contains references to books I will often consult those titles to double check the facts or to look for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment